I moved to California from Wisconsin in June of 2017. I currently live in Monrovia with my wife Kelry, daughter Eliana (12 years old), son Miciah (5 years old), and newborn baby Estella. My wife and I know we are called to this area for a very long time! We are praying about the next ministry to serve at. Below is a summary of skills.
Biblical Spirit-Led Ministry: As a teacher, I love helping people grow in literally knowing and walking with God. As a worship leader, I love to help people experience what God wants them to experience, especially drawing near in sincerity to experience the comfort and power of His presence. I was ordained in July of 2018 in cooperation with the Fellowship of Christian Assemblies. The ordination was led and confirmed by Pastor Jerry Sherstad, Dr Philip Rasmussen (overseer of IAOGI), Dr Daniel Sherstad, and Pastor Doug Hefley.
Teaching/Discipleship: The majority of my experience has been in leading a young adults ministry (18-39) "Kingdom Culture 2030” and in teaching at "DSM Hollywood - Arts & Industry Bible Study”.
Diversity: From 2014-2017 I worked full-time at a ministry that was at the time considered the most diverse church in the greater Milwaukee area. This diversity was especially in ethnicity, but also in age and socioeconomically being a church in the center of many communities. I have also regularly served at ministries that have a predominate race present, such as Caucasian, African American and Roma (Gypsy). I am also experienced as a worship leader and teacher in interdenominational events.
Volunteer Coordination: Leading worship teams since 2010, the young adult ministry (a church service), and especially Christian outreach events.
Administrative: Worked as the admin for a property preservation company, subbed as receptionist occasionally at Evangel AG Church, volunteer as Chapter Director Coordinator for the Hollywood Prayer Network, and have managed other operations and events.
Musical: I play and have taught the saxophones, flute, piano/keys, theory, and vocals. I am very familiar with chord theory, harmonies, delegating vocal parts, sight reading, transposing, composing, and instrumentation. Experience in leading groups includes: various small ensembles, conducting a large marching band as drum major (state champions), bands, and worship teams of various sizes (church and evangelistically). Before I was saved, I was involved with most every common (and less common) genre as a performer, but now I just appreciate sincere worship, no matter the genre. At the diverse church mentioned, the music ranged from hymns, to contemporary Christian rock, to older worship songs, to contemporary gospel. In the Greater Milwaukee area, my wife and I have served musically with organizations like the BGEA, NCF, ECFA, BASICS, TBN (Mayville/Milwaukee), a coalition of hispanic ministries, and the Christian Courier. I recently signed with an indie label to release crossover music, blatantly Christian music, and saxophone music (contract is to complete an album). I am familiar with music related programs such as: Logic (DAW), CCLI/Song Select, Pro Presenter, and Planning Center.
Paid Work History:
January 2018 – Current: Radiant Church Int (Upland, CA): Worship and Young Adults Pastor (very part-time)
• Formerly: The River's Edge Church (Rancho Cucamonga, CA - Foursquare)
• Before the Covid-19 shut-downs, I taught a small group of young adults (18-39) on Wednesday nights. During the hysteria, I taught about once a week online through the general ministry page.
• Leading worship on Sunday mornings
• The Lord has recently spoke to me to transition. I am prepared to help them with me transitioning out.
April 2016 – Current: Dan Sherstad Ministries (Formerly Destiny Christian Center): Worship Leader and Associate Pastor (primarily volunteer)
• Connected with this prophetic ministry in 2009, and joined in the music ministry during weekly prayer and worship nights, at first mostly on saxophone. My wife and I served on the worship team in 2015 as the ministry's main worship services were on Saturday nights. We led worship at DCC (Mukwonago, WI) from the time of Passover 2016 through the end of the year, as the ministry transitioned to international ministry as well as the broadcast “Discovering Destiny”. Soon after, we served together in CA with tv broadcasts in Duarte and worship services in Rancho Cucamonga.
• Around Oct 2019 we began hosting special events, including through the lockdowns as "DSM Hollywood", especially focused through worship and prayer. Around Oct 2020, we began doing worship services and teachings over Zoom. Around Oct 2021 we began having weekly gatherings in the Arts District of LA, "Arts and Industry Bible Study". In March 2023, we moved to a space in Hollywood for the Bible Study. In these ministry outlets, I have served as a worship leader, teacher, associate pastor, and media tech (set up, sound, podcasts).
• Reference: Pastor Dan Sherstad 414-405-3551
Other Ministries and Work in CA:
• June 2017-January 2018: Tower of Praise: Worship Leader (very part-time). Connected on Craigslist before move to CA. At first service, I heard the Lord tell me this was not where He had called me. I told them and they asked me to stay as long as I could. I helped in connecting them to a new worship leader. It is a Spirit-filled Baptist ministry.
• Various Romanes "Gypsy" Churches, especially GGCC churches (God's Gypsy Christian Church). Helping with sound set up, tear down, occasional piano, and especially playing saxophone for worship services and special events. Reference Danny Clark (worship leader) 626-616-4799
◦ I also do marketing and driving for Danny (worship leader) to help him find construction fleet vehicles to flip
• May 2021- Current: Hollywood Prayer Network:
◦ Music (occasionally paid), such as leading worship for special events and Zoom prayer calls, coordinating musicians sound needs for special events, assistant music director for a Christmas concert (writing sheet music and rhythm charts)
◦ End of 2021, Chapter Director Coordinator for the prayer chapters
◦ Leading "Service of Song", a group for ministers in music. Currently have focused on worship leaders.
◦ Other includes teaching, editing for podcast, and prayer leader
• Serving as a guest worship leader and saxophonist for events and ministries, volunteer and paid. Can share details if requested.
Aug 2014 – June 2017: Evangel AG (Milwaukee, WI): Director of Young Adults Ministry, Worship, & Ministry Development (full-time)
• Worship Leader: Sundays, special events, young adults, helping with youth.
• Launched a Young Adults Ministry (18-39) "Kingdom Culture 2030", that operated as a young adults church drawing in young adults from around the Greater Milwaukee area. This ministry included worship services, Bible studies, personal ministry, special events and evangelism outings. Ironically, the attendance was about 20-30. The young adults grew in living a devoted life and operating in the gifts of the Spirit.
• General help as a full-time staff employee at this diverse church where needed. Included: organizing; directing and promoting evangelistic outreaches as well as theatre productions with my wife; overseeing tech; help with social media and website; communicating with ministries regarding needs and directive; event planning and implementation; counsel. Duties especially varied when the pastor went on his first ever sabbatical in the summer of 2016.
• While there, attendance grew to about 250-300. Operated with 4 full-time employees (the lead pastor, myself, and two in administration), and 2 part-time on the pastoral staff. Helped for peaceful transition in my move to CA.
• Reference: Pastor Jay Fischer 414-353-6440 (office)
May 2014 – October 2014: Gymboree Play & Music: Teacher
• Part-time: Teaching art, play & learn, and music classes up to age 5 in a classroom setting. Hosting birthday parties; light admin; cleaning; sales. Left for full-time ministry.
July 2012 – July 2013: M&T Property Maintenance: Administrative Assistant
• First contact point for a primarily business-to-business operation for property preservation, maintenance, and capital repairs in fast-paced environment.
• Standard administrative duties (phone, scheduling, customer relation, tenant/client interaction, tenant/client conflict resolution, customer service); finished-service presentations (online programs, photo addendums); supplying bids, filing, invoicing, and organizing orders for field staff and outside contractors from investment property tenants/ clients (primarily Kivley Investments, Kapital Preservation, and Field Asset Services). Assist in leasing process for Kivley Investments, LLC.
2000 - Current: Other Music Ministry and Music Instruction: Service of Song & Music Dynamics
• 2000-2008, recording and performing in a diversity of music expressions as a singer, songwriter, keyboardist and saxophonist.
• End of 2008 onward, Christ-Centered music and teaching: Guest minister to churches, prison ministry, nursing homes, evangelistic events, weddings, funerals, etc.
• Teaching Private Music Lessons off and on from 2000-2017 to a diversity of ages on sax, piano, flute. Music Dynamics, Wales (2007) – teaching saxophone and clarinet.
Primarily Volunteer Experience:
August 2013 – April 2017: Waukesha Friday Night Live: Production Manager
• Managing Christian Stage at a Friday night summer series (and a cafe for a season). Coordinating, communicating, managing volunteers, promoting, and website upkeep.
August 2013 - July 2014: Spirit Word & Life Center: Pastor of the Arts
• We came on board, mutually understood as temporarily, to this Prophetic Ministry in the midtown projects of Milwaukee on Sunday afternoons: Worship team (August 2013); Worship Leader with my wife Kelry, and Pastor of the Arts (January 2014).
Summer 2012: Image & Likeness Radio Show - 1560AM WGLB – Co Host and Media Specialist
• Teaching on air, online media production (website, uploading broadcasts, and social media) and special event planning.
March 2011 – September 2011: Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Rock the Lakes (Milwaukee Event): Children’s Committee OA and Prayer Chairperson
• Implementing “Operation Andy”, a process of assisting local children’s pastors to train children to invite, pray for, and evangelize to others by contacting them and supplying a variety of creative ideas.
• Represented the Children’s Committee within the Prayer Committee, organizing prayer events and leading shifts in prayer tent at main events, serving under Robert Tatum.
October 2010 - July 2013: Pipeline to Jesus Church (non-denominational): Worship Leader
• Preparing, delegating, and leading congregation in worship to the Lord in song as directed by the Holy Spirit; Media: scripture/music projection, recordings, audio editing, producing CDs and welcome packets, and online publishing; Event Helps: assisting with special events, primarily family and youth oriented with teaching, planning, media, worship, and general interaction. This ministry is a gift to Milwaukee as a house of miracles in the suburbs (New Berlin, WI) and helped me grow in ministering in healing and miracles. I began attending in November 2008, and joined the worship team in 2009.
• Reference: Pastor Annette Damico 414-525-0000 (office)
2010-2013: Poplar Creek Church (AG): Various
• Twenty30 worship team member, occasionally leading worship in absence of leader; Posted online ads to invite visitors to service; Assisted with youth worship team; Occasionally leading Bible studies; and pretending to be a barista. This ministry set a great example of being very well balanced.
• Reference: Pastor Ted Robinson 262-782-1777 (office)
Other Experience Prior to 2009:
Happy Handyman: Apprentice; Soul Bizz Entertainment: Intern; Kohl’s Foods Waukesha: Cashier
District School of Ministry - Assemblies of God Affiliated (First Level of Three Completed)
Carroll College, Music Business (Studied Major in Music, Minor in Business, Minor in Religion)